Farmington Hills Divorce Attorney
Attorneys Serving Clients Going through Divorce in Oakland County & All of Southeast Michigan
The national divorce rate has hovered around 50% for many years, so it’s no wonder that the demand for divorce attorneys in Oakland County is so high. The Law Office of Michael E. Thomas, PLLC is committed to helping people navigate the complex and stressful world of divorce law, and infusing more compassion into the way we practice it. While it is never easy to think about the end of a relationship, couples of all kinds undergo challenges that may lead to the eventual dissolution of their marriages or a legal separation.
If you are currently struggling with those challenges, you can rely on Michael E. Thomas, your Oakland County divorce lawyer, to make the process as peaceful and easy as possible. We are committed to finding the legal solution that allows you to finally look forward to starting your new journey after a divorce. Our firm has helped many individuals going through a divorce, by providing them with the legal guidance and support that they needed to ensure that the process is as smooth as possible. Take a look at our client testimonials and see why we are the most trusted team of attorneys in all of Farmington Hills, MI, and throughout all of Oakland County.
Contact us now at (248) 266-9779 so that our dedicated team can give you detailed legal counsel if you are considering a divorce in Michigan.
Comprehensive Counsel for a Variety of Divorce Matters
Your divorce may be straightforward or it may be complicated, depending on factors like the involvement of minor children, a co-owned business, income, shared assets, and more. You can count on our Oakland County divorce attorney Michael E. Thomas to expertly handle whatever you throw his way, and pave the path towards a resolution that works for everyone, lending his experience and skills to your case. Divorce is nearly always loaded with intense emotions, particularly when children are a concern, but with our counsel, you will have the tools to navigate the process confidently.
Just some of the legal concerns we handle include:
- Adjustments for parenting time
- Spousal support and alimony
- Division of property during and following divorce
- Organization of visitation and child custody
- Designation of child support
- Issues of paternity
- Support for issues of custody and alimony across interstate boundaries
- Family law matters across international boundaries
- Relocation matters for children and parents
- Adjustment for minors attending university and college
- Family decisions regarding insurance and health costs
Legal Separation in Oakland County
In addition to divorce matters, our attorney can also help you achieve legal separation if this status is more applicable to your relationship than divorce. In some scenarios, whether due to religious or personal reasons, or on account of health insurance and tax benefits, a couple may want to continue their legal marital status but not live together. In these cases, legal separation is a helpful solution to amicably dissolving the intimacy of the couple’s relationship without relinquishing the unique benefits of the marital partnership.
How Can A Divorce Attorney In Farmington Hills Help You?
Having an experienced attorney by your side to help guide and support you is critical for alleviating stress during this difficult time. Divorces are never easy, and our lawyers at The Law Office of Michael E. Thomas, PLLC is committed to making the process as smooth and easy for you as possible.
A divorce attorney will:
- Offer you emotional support: Going through a divorce can be an especially sensitive and stressful time. Having an experienced attorney by your side to guide and support you can help to alleviate stress and offer you the emotional reassurance that you need during this time.
- Provide objective legal counsel: Your lawyer will provide you with important legal information that will help to guide you through each step of the process. Knowing all of the available options to you regarding matters such as child custody is critical for ensuring a favorable outcome.
- Save you time and money: There is an extensive amount of paperwork involved with divorce. A single mistake can prolong the process and cost you both time and money. Your lawyer will handle all of the hefty paperwork for you and ensure that everything gets done correctly and promptly.
- Effectively represent you: If your case needs to get taken to court, your lawyer will be there to represent you and will fight to protect your rights and your reputation.
Don't go through a divorce alone, let a divorce attorney help guide and support you through every step of the way.
Individualized Support You Can Count On
While there are many divorce attorneys in Michigan, you won’t find another one with the experience and dedication that Michael has. Whatever your situation, whether you are dealing with issues regarding child support and custody, or whether you need aid in acquiring alimony, you can rely on his knowledge to find the optimal solution for your unique circumstances. When you want an Oakland County divorce attorney to help you feel empowered about moving forward in a positive direction, give us a call to schedule your free consultation.
Call us today at (248) 266-9779 or contact us online, because our whole team at The Law Office of Michael E. Thomas, PLLC is ready to aid you in having complete confidence about your new future following a divorce.